The Watershed Center advocates for clean water in Grand Traverse Bay and acts to protect and preserve the Bay’s watershed.
The Watershed Center is the leader in protecting and preserving the Bay’s watershed and achieving broad community commitment to clean water.
The Watershed Center, its board and staff believe its work is best accomplished when:
- We use, model and promote consensus-building, collaboration and openness to all perspectives on issues affecting clean water in the Bay’s watershed.
- Our actions, activities and decision-making are ethical, principled and based upon the best current science.
- We work as advocates, not adversaries, as much as possible, believing there are always ways to resolve issues without jeopardizing clean water.
- We believe the water quality of the Bay and the economic viability of the region are totally dependent upon one another.
- We encourage and seek to achieve behavior change that makes and keeps our water clean.
- Above all, we stand up for what is best for the protection and preservation of the entire Grand Traverse Bay watershed.