There are many ways in which you can support The Watershed Center. We are always looking for people who want to make a difference by giving their time or talents. Below are a few of our upcoming volunteer opportunities. For more information or to discuss how you can be involved, contact Grand Traverse Baykeeper Heather Smith at email@example.com.
- Adopt-A-Stream: Looking for a volunteer opportunity to do with others? This program is perfect for families, schools, neighborhood groups, office teams and takes a few hours twice a year.
- Paint The Watershed Center: We need volunteers who aren’t afraid to roll-up their sleeves and paint the exterior of our office at The Discovery Center. Painting is scheduled for May 22-26.
- Adopt-A-Beach: These events take place along Grand Traverse Bay’s beaches and involve removing trash and other debris.
- General office tasks, including Kids Creek survey: We’re looking for volunteers with computer/office skills who can help with tasks such as data and survey entry, mailing preparations or simple organizing.
- Swim for Grand Traverse Bay: Help out during our annual swim on Saturday, August 12 by serving as a swimmer support monitor, assisting with check-in and other event tasks.
- Avian botulism: This new program is being developed and will help monitor specific areas along Grand Traverse Bay for evidence of a certain bacteria that may impact our waterfowl population.
- Help out our tug boat, The Bay Monitor: We are looking for those with boating skills (or even a casual interest!) interested in occasionally helping with events or special projects involving the tug boat.