Stocks and Securities

You can gift appreciated stocks, bonds, IRAs, or mutual funds you have held for more than one year. You will pay no capital gains tax on the transaction and are able to claim a federal income tax charitable deduction for the full, appreciated value of the securities. Often, the after-tax cost is less than giving cash.

If you are interested in gifting appreciated securities, please contact Executive Director Christine Crissman at 231.935.1514 x1 or with the information on this form. It is important you notify us in advance of any gift for proper acknowledgement and receipt.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter